Email integration Gmail/ Workspaces
Before you start clicking around on the site, let’s help you get your email set up. This step will allow you to test the process of creating and sending quotes to customers.
First, we need to generate a special password for our Gmail account called an app password. This is super easy just follow the simple steps listed below.
- login to your Gmail account. Make sure you are logging into the Gmail account for the email you want to use for your print shop.
Select the profile icon in the top right corner.
from the drop-down and select Manage Google account.
- Select Security from the left menu on myaccount.google.com/ dashboard
- On the security page scroll down to the section titled Signing into Google.
You need to enable 2 step verification.
After you have enabled 2 step verification you will see the App Passwords option under the signing into google section on the Security page.
- Select App Passwords.
- On the App Passwords pop-up navigate to the section titled “Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for”
- From the Select App drop-down select Other (Custom Name)
- Call the app The Print Life and click the Blue Generate Button
- Double click the key in the yellow box, right-click and select copy.
- Go back to The Print Life Dashboard, from the left menu select Settings / Mail / SMTP
- Paste the password in both field titled App Password.
- Make sure Host name says smtp.gmail.com, Authentication is set to Yes, and Email address is the email for the account you created the app password for.
- Click the UPDATE Button.
- Click Test Email and enter and email adress and click Test.
- Green Means good to go.